The LORD will keep you from all harm—
will watch over your life.
The LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
As we move into cooler weather, First Lutheran in Harris will be gathering indoors again. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will still be following safe gathering practices and, as the situation changes, will continue to follow Synod, County, State and Federal recommendations for worship gatherings.
We will continue to follow these safe practices:
1) Please wear a mask at all times while in the building – not only will it help protect you from inhaling the virus if present, but, more importantly, if you are unknowingly infected, it will help prevent your neighbor from being infected. If you do not have a mask, we will have some available.
2) Please observe physical distancing of at least 6 ft between persons or family groups. Ideally, indoors, we would recommend 9-12 ft distancing.
3) Please try not to touch your face even when wearing a mask.
4) Please use hand sanitizer before and after worship, and before communion. We will have sanitizer available at various locations throughout the space.
5) If you feel that you are unwell, have a fever or cough, please stay at home.
6) High use surfaces will be sanitized weekly before worship.
7) Offerings will be collected at a single basket located on a table in the space. Please place your gift in the basket when most convenient for you.
8) Singing has been proven to spread the virus even more so than speaking, so we will not sing hymns together (even while wearing masks). If you want to hum along with the music or sing (very quietly), please do.
9) In order to minimize virus spread on surfaces, we will not use hymnals or pew Bibles. Everything needed for worship, including readings, will be included in the weekly worship bulletin.
If for any reason you are not able or willing to worship at First Lutheran in person, we will livestream worship Sunday mornings at 10:30 and will lead a separate online worship Sunday Evenings at 7 pm – you can follow both on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FirstLutheranChurchOfHarris/
We will continue Wednesday Evening Online Prayer at 6:30, also on our Facebook page.
Of course, if there is a pastoral emergency, please contact Pastor Scott directly
email@example.com | 612-859-1134