“Do not be afraid; for see—I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people:
to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord.”
Luke 2: 10-11
Despite the challenges of the day, from pandemic fears to the first big snowfall of the year, Christmas is almost here, and we will celebrate the birth of the Christ with an intimate, and brief, Christmas Eve celebration from 7:00-7:30 pm at First Lutheran in Harris.
Of course, worship will be live-streamed on our facebook page.
We will continue to follow these safe practices:
1) Please wear a mask at all times while in the building – not only will it help protect you from inhaling the virus if present, but, more importantly, if you are unknowingly infected, it will help prevent your neighbor from being infected. If you do not have a mask, we will have some available.
2) Please observe physical distancing of at least 6 ft between persons or family groups. Ideally, indoors, we would recommend 9-12 ft distancing.
3) Please try not to touch your face even when wearing a mask.
4) Please use hand sanitizer before and after worship, and before communion. We will have sanitizer available at various locations throughout the space.
5) If you feel that you are unwell, have a fever or cough, please stay at home.
6) High use surfaces will be sanitized weekly before worship.
7) Offerings will be collected at a single basket located on a table in the space. Please place your gift in the basket when most convenient for you.
8) Singing has been proven to spread the virus even more so than speaking, so we will not sing hymns together (even while wearing masks). If you want to hum along with the music or sing (very quietly), please do.
9) In order to minimize virus spread on surfaces, we will not use hymnals or pew Bibles. Everything needed for worship, including readings, will be included in the weekly worship bulletin.
If for any reason you are not able or willing to worship at First Lutheran in person, we will livestream worship Sunday mornings at 10:30 and will lead a separate online worship Sunday Evenings at 7 pm – you can follow both on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FirstLutheranChurchOfHarris/
We will continue Wednesday Evening Online Prayer at 6:30, also on our Facebook page.
Of course, if there is a pastoral emergency, please contact Pastor Scott directly
email@example.com | 612-859-1134